Diego Remus is a seasoned communicator and business strategist with expertise in generating leads and bringing new technologies to the market. He has been mentioned by the WebSummit as one of the nine most influential super connectors in the technology market of Sao Paulo and by TechCrunch as being considered Brazil´s top tech blogger.
He has worked in journalism, marketing, digital media, consulting and events, servicing clients such as Microsoft, Qualcomm, HPE, Samsung, Banco do Brasil, Bradesco, Itau-Unibanco, Sebrae, Oracle, Fiat. He also co-founded and advised startups, instructed entrepreneurs, judged business competitions.
Diego has also collaborated with a variety of media vehicles, moderated panel discussions in different countries, and held speaking engagements in a variety of events – from Campus Party to the International Conference on Innovative Cities.
After his career in Brazil, he currently lives in Toronto, Canada.
Specialties: innovation, startups, company strategy, business model, marketing plan, content, community engagement, networking, brand advocacy.
- Strategy MBA certificate from Sao Paulo School of Economics Fundacao Getulio Vargas (EESP-FGV); final paper on “culture beats strategy”, how to culture-hack a company in order to generate collaborative potential for new growth;
- Communication Bachelor graduate degree from UNISC; final paper on hypermedia & interfaces;
- Certificates: Search Marketing, Analytics, Content Marketing, Inbound Sales, Email Marketing;
- Independent courses: Valuation & Corporate Finance (Aswath Damodaran), Growth Hacking (Samir Patel), Social Commerce, Game Strategy for Brands.
Please see timeline of companies and roles on Linkedin.
- Diego spoke at various conferences, including Fiergs International Innovation Conference (when Tom Kelley also spoke) and International Conference on Innovative Cities;
- He was part of the team who won 1st place in the “Production Chain” category at the Acelera FIESP hackathon, with a hybrid hardware+software working prototype to provide intelligence for facility sharing in the industrial market. After a series of changes, the company is now serving shared manufacturing at Peerdustry.com;
- He helped organize the first Brazilian edition of international events Social Media Week and Startup Weekend.